Our goal is to build up and not condemn; to help others enjoy the forgiveness and love of God through Jesus Christ, rather than face life and eternity apart from God’s love.
As a church in the Evangelical Protestant Tradition and the founding church of the Evangelical Association, First Protestant Church affirms:
- The Trinitarian name of God – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- God has revealed Himself fully and decisively as attested in Holy Scripture. We believe the Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired and authoritative Word of God. The Scriptures are the guide of faith and life.
- There is only one way to salvation – through Jesus Christ.
- The sanctity of human life at every stage based on our creation in the image of God and our election by God for service in His kingdom.
- The Biblical guidelines for human sexuality: marriage as the union of one man and one woman, chastity outside of marriage, lifelong fidelity and holiness in marriage for the sake of the Kingdom.
- That the mission of the Church is to spread the good news of the Gospel of salvation in every word and deed. We are sent by Christ into all the world to bring every person into a life of faith, discipleship and submission to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
Read our updated constitution and by-laws, which were amended and approved by majority vote at our annual congregational meeting: First Protestant Church Constitution and By-Laws