Global Focus Mission Work
Global Focus Mission
Global Focus Mission Statement: The purpose of the First Protestant Global Focus Missions Teams is to enable the spread of the gospel and to minister to others locally, nationally, and globally in the name of Jesus Christ and to encourage the growth of FPC as a global missions-minded (Acts 1:8) church.
Nearly 170 years ago, First Protestant Church began as a mission outpost for early German immigrants in what was then the barren wilderness of South Central Texas. Today – as we carry out the Great Commission of our Lord in the 21st century – we go into all the world and make disciples (Matthew 28:19-20), we also live out the challenge that each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others (1 Peter 4:10). At First Protestant Church, we empower our people to serve others in various local, national, and international mission venues. We believe that we were created by God for this purpose in Jesus Christ and that God prepared in advance for us to do his work (Ephesians 2:10).
Global Focus Teams – What We Do:
· Provide financial support to local, national, and global missionaries
· Build relationships with supported missionaries
· Provide education and missions information to the congregation
Who We Support:
Global Focus Jerusalem (Greater New Braunfels):
· Family Promise of Greater NB Volunteer Info
· Gideons Worldwide
· Options for Life
· S.O.S. Food Bank Volunteer Info
· SJRC (St Jude’s Ranch for Children) Volunteer Info
. Salvation Army of NB Volunteer Info
Global Focus Judea (Texas) & Samaria (North America):
· Evangelical Association National Minister Support Fund
· Merge Youth Annual Mission Trip
. Jon & Carol Shaneyfelt (Wycliffe Bible Translators)
· Ervin & Colleen Starwalt (Wycliffe Bible Translators)
. Mision de Candelilla
Global Focus The Ends of the Earth:
· Glinischevo Church/Camp Yolochka-Bryansk, Russia,
· Discipling Our Nations Effectively, Inc.
· Ken & Judy Hollingsworth (Wycliffe Bible Translators – Cameroon)
· Wink & Glyn Kelso (Servants of Servants)
· Samaritan’s Purse, Operation Christmas Child
. Mayce Fischer (YWAM Brisbane, AU)
. Meggie Dean (Adventures in Mission)
What You Can Do:
· Pray for our missions partners.
· Bring nonperishable food staples to the church for the S.O.S. Food Bank.
· Bring diapers to the church to support Options for Life.
For more information about our Global Focus Ministry, or to get involved, please contact the church office, 830-609-7729 X 110
Adult Discipleship Classes – Sunday School
Join us for our Adult Connection Groups. Different bible study and discussion groups meet every Sunday morning at 9:30 or 11:00. Contact the church office if you have any questions, 830-609-7729 X110 or click here.learn more
THE SPRINGS, CHILDREN’S MINISTRY
Bring your children to be a part of The Springs at FPC, in the Well Playground 9:30am on Sunday mornings. They will learn about Jesus and all the many people in the bible on their level, sing songs, participate in art projects and fellowship with other children. We have a staff that just wants to …learn more
The Stream – Youth Sunday School
Join us in the Bormann Room on Sunday mornings at 9:30am to worship, study and have fellowship. If you have any questions about our program, contact our Youth Pastor, Tyler Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org or 830-609-7729 x114. Check out our Student Ministry page.learn more
Join us for Contemporary Worship in Schumann Hall at 11:00am Sunday mornings. Come worship, fellowship and lift your voices in praise with our praise band, The River’s Edge. Any questions you might have, just give us a call in the church office at 830-609-7729 X110.learn more
Children’s Choir 2-5th Grade Sundays from 11am-11:30am Location: Choir Room First Protestant is excited to offer a year-round choral experience for our youngest musicians! Rehearsals will take place on Sunday mornings from 11-11:30am, students will be taken to The Well following rehearsal. Choristers will learn practical vocal and listening skills, concentration and creativity, and will …learn more