Welcome To First Protestant Church of New Braunfels.
Jesus Christ is Lord – and we at First Protestant believe, teach, and confess that Jesus Christ is the one and only Savior of the World!
Whether you, too, have confessed Jesus Christ as your Lord or are “seeking” to learn more, we welcome you and look forward to encouraging you in your pursuit of Jesus Christ!
Our goal is to build up and not condemn; to help others enjoy the forgiveness and love of God through Jesus Christ, rather than face life and eternity apart from God’s love.
As a church in the Evangelical Protestant Tradition and the founding church of the Evangelical Association, First Protestant Church affirms:
- The Trinitarian name of God – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- God has revealed Himself fully and decisively as attested in Holy Scripture. We believe the Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired and authoritative Word of God. The Scriptures are the guide of faith and life.
- There is only one way to salvation – through Jesus Christ.
- The sanctity of human life at every stage based on our creation in the image of God and our election by God for service in His kingdom.
- The Biblical guidelines for human sexuality: marriage as the union of one man and one woman, chastity outside of marriage, lifelong fidelity and holiness in marriage for the sake of the Kingdom.
- That the mission of the Church is to spread the good news of the Gospel of salvation in every word and deed. We are sent by Christ into all the world to bring every person into a life of faith, discipleship, and submission to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
Read our updated constitution and by-laws, which were amended and approved by majority vote at our annual congregational meeting: First Protestant Church Constitution and By-Laws
Office Hours and Location: 172 W. Coll Street, New Braunfels
Monday –Thursday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, and Friday: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm.
Closed daily from Noon – 1:00pm
Join us in services on September 26th to celebrate the end of Comal County Fair with a Rodeo Sunday. Wear your western attire and join us for Traditional service and …learn more
BLESSING OF THE BACKPACKS
Join us in the sanctuary and Schumann Hall on August 15th when we Bless the Backpacks of our children and teens returning to school, as well as our teachers and …learn more
175th ANNIVERSARY AND 4TH OF JULY PARADE
Come out and support our church and the 175th committee as they present the First Protestant 175th Anniversary float in the parade.learn more
VBS Work Day #2
This will be our last work day before VBS begins. We’ll have the church open and available to our VBS workers to finish up anything they need to! The doors …learn more
VBS Work Day #1
We’ll be opening up the VBS space for workers to “come and go” at their convenience, between the hours of 10am and 6pm to prepare for the upcoming VBS! Any …learn more