- This event has passed.
COUNCIL CONGREGATIONAL UPDATE
The Church Council would like to share the following information the First Protestant Members:
- Dr. David Michael “Woody” Woodward will be on campus this upcoming weekend (June 20-21) as a candidate for the Interim Senior Pastor position. Dr. Woodward will be meeting with the church staff and have extensive time with the church council on Saturday. On Sunday, Dr. Woodward will be preaching in the 9:00am Traditional and the 11:00am Contemporary services. An informational session with Dr. Woodward will be held at 10am in Schumann Hall for members to learn a bit more about him and interact briefly. All of these events on Sunday will be live streamed for those who are unable to make it to campus.
- The next Church Council meeting will be this Thursday (6/18) at 5:30pm in Schumann Hall. The council and staff are working toward solutions to the concerns expressed by members regarding difficulty hearing the proceedings.
- The meeting will include an open comment period at the beginning for members to address the council. As a reminder, the process for members interacting with council during the meeting is as follows:
- All members will be asked to sign in as a visitor to the meeting. If you would like to address the council, you may indicate that desire on the sign in sheet.
- During the open comment period, members will be called in the order they signed in to address the council.
- Members are asked to keep their comments to 3 minutes to allow all who want to speak to do so.
- The open comment period will last for 30 minutes or until all members who want to be heard have addressed council.
- At the end of the comment period, members are asked to refrain from asking questions or making comments to the council
- The tentative agenda for the upcoming meeting is as follows:
- Opening prayer
- Open comment periot (max 30 min)
- Minutes approval
- Interim Senior Pastor Visit
- Communication with FPC members
- Planning/prioritizing session
- Closing prayer
- Executive Session (if necessary)
- June 18