The Evangelical Association of Reformed & Congregational Christian Churches (evangelicalassociation.org)
When it was widely known that many United Church of Christ denominations were unhappy with their leadership a considerable number of congregations in the United States joined other denominations and churches resigned their membership.
Rev. Daryl C. Higgins thought it advisable for churches and ministers to have an alternate means of contact and to share and continue bible-based and historic roots.
Rev. Higgins, Rev. Ardie J. Kendig, and Rev. Richard A. Carse met with 7 other ministers from across the country on August 26, 1996 at First Protestant Church in New Braunfels, Texas. Articles of Incorporation were drawn up on May 28, 1997.
- June 1-2, 1998 – 18 member Board of Directors met at First Protestant Church, New Braunfels, TX.
- September 27-29, 1998 – First Annual Convocation at First Protestant Church, New Braunfels, TX.
- September 27-28, 1999 – Second Annual Convocation at Evangelical Church in Creve Coere, MO.
- Rev. Daryl C. Higgins – Founding President of the Association.
- Rev. Ardie J. Kendig – First Secretary of the Association.
- Rev. Richard A. Carse – First Minister of the Association.
- The founding church and corporate office of the Association remains First Protestant Church.
- The Association is not a denomination and each church governs itself according to the Bible.
- The Board of Directors consists of 18 members (clergy & lay) from across the United States.